Amtelco and their 1Call healthcare division announced the release of an updated Apple Interface for version 7.0 of their miSecureMessages secure messaging app
This revamped interface is designed to improve the user experience to help speed critical communications. Updates include the following:
- Passwords and Passcodes – Complexity requirements are displayed above the text field when creating new passwords and passcodes. Met requirements are displayed in strikethrough text. Icons are used to show or hide text when typing in password and passcode fields.
- Menu Drawer – Updates made to the menu drawer make it easier to view user profile information, navigate the various pages of the app, and access other accounts.
- Icons and Toolbars – Icons and toolbars throughout the app have been updated to improve their visuals and functionality.
- High-Contrast Theme Colors – High-contrast theme colors were added to make it easier for those with visual impairments such as color blindness to see and interact with the elements on the screen.
- Watch App Interface – The Apple Watch® app user interface has been redesigned. Buttons, icons, and fonts on each screen were updated to match the corresponding screens in the phone app.
“The miSecureMessages Apple Phone App and Watch App user interface (UI) has received a comprehensive visual overhaul,” said Jessy Mohns-Scanlan, product manager for the R&D Software Department of Amtelco, “Design elements such as fonts, icons, and buttons were updated to better reflect Human Interface Guidelines (HIG), several screens have been modified to be easier to navigate, and new theme colors were added to increase user accessibility and customization.”
miSecureMessages was originally created for the healthcare industry but can be used by any business that needs to communicate securely. In healthcare, the app helps to unify hospital and clinical communications and streamline care team coordination by enabling staff to easily share texts, photos, audio files, and videos for secure, accurate communication while protecting electronic patient health information (ePHI).
Improved communication within any hospital department using miSecureMessages include the following:
- The app seamlessly integrates with other 1Call applications to communicate with nurse call systems and other alert software to expedite emergency code notifications.
- Healthcare contact center operators use miSecureMessages to contact on-call staff quickly.
- Hospital maintenance crews can take a photo or video of a building issue and collaborate to address it. Housekeeping uses the app for bed management to quickly inform intake that a bed is ready for a new patient, improving their bed turnover rate.
- Lab personnel and radiologists use miSecureMessages to communicate critical results promptly.
HIPAA and HITECH-compliant miSecureMessages is a secure messaging application developed by 1Call for hospitals and clinics. The app provides end-to-end encryption that enables staff to securely send and receive texts, photos, audio, and video files.
The 1Call Division of Amtelco is a leader in developing software solutions and applications designed for the specific needs of the healthcare call center marketplace. 1Call features a complete line of modular solutions specifically designed to streamline enterprise-wide communications, save an organization’s limited resources, and make them tremendously efficient, helping them bring wellness to their members and their bottom line.